Monday, January 13, 2014

Apple Crisp

The weather was pretty nice today. I had the windows open, the kids were playing outside, and the yummy aroma of the apple crisp I had baking in the oven, almost made it feel like summer! I've been dreaming and scheming about my garden this year too. Tonight I walked thru the gardening section of Walmart and thought about it some more. Lol! This year I want to order organic, non gmo seeds. I was looking at some online catalogs today. But anyways, back to the apple crisp.......


Apple Crisp is a favorite with our family and as you can see I had plenty of willing taste testers. Of course we add milk to it. We add milk to a lot of things! :)


I thought I'd share the recipe with ya'll. I guess you could say this is an Amish recipe. I got the recipe from my mom and we've made it ever since I was a little Amish girl! 

Apple Crisp
Peel and chop about 6 apples. Layer on bottom of a 9"x13" pan. Sprinkle 1 cup white sugar and 3 tablespoons flour on apples. 
Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon 
4 cups oatmeal (I use quick oats)
Mix together the ingredients for the topping and spread it over the apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until topping is brown. Enjoy! 

~ Rachel :)







No comments:

Post a Comment